Re: configure PostgreSQL with the python: distutils module not found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: configure PostgreSQL with the python: distutils module not found
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/20/2016 07:03 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andre Mikulec <andre_mikulec@hotmail.com> writes:
>> I am trying to configure PostgreSQL with the plpython language available.
>
>> Here is my ./configure line
>
>> $ ./configure PYTHON=/c/EnterpriseDB/LanguagePack/9.5/x64/Python-3.3 --with-python
--with-includes=/c/EnterpriseDB/Lang

> Are you sure that that PYTHON specification actually points at a usable
> executable?
>
>> I am getting the error message.
>
>> checking for python... /c/EnterpriseDB/LanguagePack/9.5/x64/Python-3.3
>> checking for Python distutils module... no
>> configure: error: distutils module not found
>
> The test that's failing is just
>
> if "${PYTHON}" -c 'import distutils' 2>&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD
> then
>     AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
> else
>     AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
>     AC_MSG_ERROR([distutils module not found])
> fi
>
> so it seems pretty likely that the value of PYTHON you're forcing doesn't
> identify a usable Python.  Looking into config.log to see what the stderr
> output of this test was might be informative.

The Language Packs are pre-built packages that I am pretty sure do not
include -dev code:

http://get.enterprisedb.com/docs/README-edb-languagepack-9.6.txt

"Language Pack Installers
========================

Language pack installers contain supported languages that may be used
with our PostgreSQL
database installers. The language pack installer allows you to create pl
languages for Perl,
TCL/TK, and Python without installing supporting software from third
party vendors.

For more details on how to install, please see the installation notes
that are packaged with the installer.

What is Including in the Installer:
===================================

(1) TCL with TK; 8.5
(2) Perl; 5.20
(3) Python; 3.3

NOTE:

The Perl package contains the cpan package manager, and Python contains
pip and easy_install package
managers. There is no package manager for TCL/TK.

... "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com