Re: Postgre connect on Postgre - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Asko Oja
Subject Re: Postgre connect on Postgre
Date
List pgsql-general
If you are using functions take a look at plProxy. We created it after finding out that dblink wasn't good enough for us in oltp environments. There are also some security issues related to dblink that should be given serious consideration.

As for replication SkyTools and Londiste are alternatives to Slony. SkyTools should provide less management headaches.

http://kaiv.wordpress.com/2007/09/02/postgresql-cluster-partitioning-with-plproxy-part-ii/

regards
Asko