Re: Install different directory issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Install different directory issues
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/27/19 11:19 AM, Thomas Carter wrote:
> I installed using the Postgres Installer package available on the Postgres site. With the system setup, I had to
installto /app. I choose to use the installer because yum wouldn’t allow for me to choose a different install
destination.

There is more then one installer, which one?

Do you have another instance of Postgres installed?

> I’m not sure if I would have the same issue right now if I used rpm —prefix.
>
> Tom Carter
>
>> On Nov 27, 2019, at 2:00 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/27/19 10:49 AM, Thomas Carter wrote:
>>> I installed Postgres to /app and now psql command not working under Postgres user along with not knowing how to
startthe service like with a traditional systemctl.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com