Re: postgresql10-server RPM unpacking of archive failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: postgresql10-server RPM unpacking of archive failed
Date
List pgsql-general
>> on a CentOS 7.5 machine with PostgreSQL 10.3 installed from the PGDG yum repo,
>> I have a strange error when trying to update to 10.6.
>>
>> A simple "yum update" updated everything except postgresql10-server.x86_64!
>>
>> That package gives (repeatedly) the error message:
>>
>> Error unpacking rpm package postgresql10-server-10.6-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64
>> error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: lstat

> I would try cleaning up all the data (packages and metadata) and trying again:
>
> yum clean all
> yum update postgresql10-server
>
> Regards,

Thanks Martín,

a yum clean all did not help.

In the end, some time later (and after a reboot) yum update
succeeded and we never found out why.

I think we can archive this as a one-time glitch with yum.

Bye,
Chris.