Re: Save a few bytes in pg_attribute - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Save a few bytes in pg_attribute
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21.03.23 17:43, Andres Freund wrote:
>> The context of my message was to do the proposed change for PG16 to buy back
>> a few bytes that are being added by another feature
> How much would you need to buy back to "reach parity"?

I don't think we can find enough to make the impact zero bytes.  It's
also not clear exactly what the impact of each byte would be (compared
to possible complications in other parts of the code, for example).  But
if there are a few low-hanging fruit, it seems like we could pick them,
to old us over until we have a better solution to the underlying issue.