Re: Reducing power consumption on idle servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Reducing power consumption on idle servers
Date
Re: Reducing power consumption on idle servers
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2022-11-21 at 10:13 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I'll wait 24 hours before committing, to
> provide a last chance for anyone who wants to complain about dropping
> promote_trigger_file.

Remove "promote_trigger_file"?  Now I have never seen anybody use that
parameter, but I don't think that it is a good idea to deviate from our
usual standard of deprecating a feature for about five years before
actually removing it.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe