PostgreSQL 9.6: view based on sequence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Enrico Pirozzi
Subject PostgreSQL 9.6: view based on sequence
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 9.6: view based on sequence  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi, I was doing a test on a 9.6 and I've seen a strange thing

if I run

create sequence test_sequence;
create view v_test_sequence as select * from test_sequence;

PostgreSQL creates a view based on the sequence and the strange thing
is that, among the various fields that are created in the view,
there is a field named  sequence_name  with datatype  name.

I've seen in the docs
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/datatype-character.html
and the datatype name should be reserved only for structures internal of PG.

Does anyone help me?

Enrico

--
Enrico Pirozzi