Re: Timestamp shift when importing data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wilson
Subject Re: Timestamp shift when importing data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Jolles, Peter M (GE Infra, Energy)
<peter.jolles@ge.com> wrote:

> For example, on these days, 4/7/02  2:00 AM imports to 4/7/02 3:00 AM.
> 4/6/03 2:15 AM imports as 4/6/03 3:15 AM, etc. All other dates and times
> do not give any errors. I have tried to extract the date and create a
> text field in MS Access, I get the same error when imported to Postgres.
> Is there some significance to these dates?

Those are the dates of daylight savings time kicking in- which
happens, not coincidentally, at 2am.

What's the type of the field you're trying to import into, and how are
you doing the import?

(Sorry for the duplicate- missed sending to the list the first time.)
--
- David T. Wilson
david.t.wilson@gmail.com