Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From W.P.
Subject Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair?
Date
List pgsql-general
W dniu 01.07.2021 o 22:27, Adrian Klaver pisze:
> On 7/1/21 12:56 PM, W.P. wrote:

>>> If you have a backup, take that.
>>>
>>> If not, hire an expert in data recovery.
>>>
>>> Yours,
>>> Laurenz Albe
>>
>> I have something similar to backup: old database, but it is 9.5, how
>> can I install 9.5 binaries / libs / config on Fedora 30 i386 (with
>> PG11 installed) side-by-side?
>
> Is the old database on another machine where it can be started and
> then the data dumped?

It is on another disc, with OS that has problems (F24 does not boot
beyond single user mode, Network Manager doesn't start) after removing
power / battery while in "suspend to RAM".

Thats why I think about setting 9.5 on my current machine (F30/PG11
cluster) and then do a dump, only I need to know how to do it (binaries
/ libs / default cfg + data copy).

Laurent