Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig DDR PC3200 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kjell Tore Fossbakk
Subject Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig DDR PC3200
Date
List pgsql-performance
Okey!

The thing is, im on vacation. So ill report in about 3 weeks time.. Sry guys.. :-)

Kjell Tore

On 7/30/06, Luke Lonergan < LLonergan@greenplum.com> wrote:
Run bonnie++ version 1.03 and report results here.

- Luke

-----Original Message-----
From:   Kjell Tore Fossbakk [mailto: kjelltore@gmail.com]
Sent:   Sunday, July 30, 2006 03:03 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Claus Guttesen
Cc:     pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject:        Re: [PERFORM] Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig DDR PC3200

Hello.

OS: Gentoo 2006.0 with gentoo's hardened kernel
Version: I haven't checked. Im guessing 8.0.8 (latest stable on all systems)
or 8.1.4 which is the latest package.

I'm still gonna try to run with smart array 5i. How can i find out that my
performance with that is crappy? Without ripping down my systems, and using
software raid?

Kjell Tore

--
"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."

--
"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."