Re: [GENERAL] Can't restart Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Can't restart Postgres
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Can't restart Postgres  (Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it>)
List pgsql-general
On 02/14/2017 11:17 AM, Shawn Thomas wrote:
> I inadvertently deleted the ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem out from under a running Postgres instance (9.4) which caused it to
shutdown. The last line of main.log:

> FATAL:  could not load server certificate file "/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem": No such file or directory
>
> I've since restored the cert but cannot get Postgres to start back up.  It's the Debian 8 packaged version which
complicatesthe debugging and troubleshooting.  There doesn't seem to be a way to do anything with Postgres outsided the
ofDebian's systemd wrappers.  All I've got to work with is from /var/syslog:

> pangaea systemd[1]: Starting PostgreSQL Cluster 9.4-main...
> pangaea postgresql@9.4-main[28684]: Error: could not exec  start -D /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main -l
/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.4-main.log-s -o  -c config_file="/etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf" :
> pangaea systemd[1]: postgresql@9.4-main.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
>
> Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is likely a permissions issue. What does the systemctl log say?

JD

> -Shawn

                         +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.