Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2019-09-02 17:36, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 9/2/19 11:19 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Please see attached for the latest draft. I tried to move this closer

'common-table expression'  should be
'common table expression'
If you really do prefer the hyphen there then it should also be in the
other usage of 'Common table expressions' in this text, I think.

'most-common value'  should be
'most common value'

'that build on the implementation of the SQL standard' Perhaps better:
'that build on the SQL standard'

'JSON path expressions'  Perhaps better:
'JSON path expressions'

And perhaps 'aka' should be fully written out 'also known as'.  For us
non-native speakers it takes a while before all these abbreviations
become clear. I know it's taken me a few years before I decoded it :)

thanks,

Erik Rijkers