Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/8/20 12:16 PM, Tory M Blue wrote:
Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

>     To maybe answer that:
>
>     1) Can you find out what the clear text version of the password is? Not
>     necessary to share here, just indicate anything special about it.
>

> I can't, MD5 hashed, I don't know of a way to turn that into a
> password.  But I did pull the MD5 hashs from all my DB's in all
> environments and none match, so this ons is a ghost.

So what are you using to do the ALTER you mentioned earlier?

>     2) What is the encoding/character set for the database?
>

>   UTF8
>

>     3) What is the OS and version?
>

> CentOS 7.2/7.7
>

>     4) Has the OS been recently updated/upgraded?
>
> Not on this box, I will be doing a kernel upgrade from 7.2 to 7.7
> after.  But it's not something that has happened between upgrades. 9.5
> has been running on an older 7.2 kernel for a few years.

So to be clear both the 9.5 and 12 instance are running on the same OS
version?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com