plpgsql test layout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject plpgsql test layout
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Something that has been bothering me for a while, while we have neatly
organized test files for plperl, plpython, pltcl, the plpgsql tests are
all in one giant file in the main test suite, which makes development
and testing of plpgsql cumbersome.  It is by far the largest test file
after numeric_big now.

One option would be to create a new test setup under src/pl/pgsql(/src)
and move some of the test material from the main test suite there.  Some
of the test cases in the main test suite are more about SPI and triggers
and such, so it makes sense to keep these in the main line.  Of course
finding the cut-off might be hard.  Or maybe we'll just start with new
stuff from now on.

Any thoughts?