An Introduction :: ZooLoo.com - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff Webster
Subject An Introduction :: ZooLoo.com
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
My name is Jeffrey Webster.

I'm the CTO for ZooLoo.com, a new
site-builder/social-network/home-on-the-web application.  I won't go
into a big pitch for the product, that is not my intent.  But I will
give a bit of background.

ZooLoo began about 13 months ago, and has been in heavy software
development for about 9 of those.  We are made up of 5 software
developers and 4 software engineers.  Additionally we have a staff of
3 visual engineers.

Most importantly we are using PostgreSQL as our database engine.  The
group that founded ZooLoo has been using PostgreSQL for 7 years.  We
swear by the product and will make it abundantly clear that it is our
database engine of choice.  It is, by far, the most powerful
open-source database system.  If supported by a competent staff it can
be the most powerful database, period.

We also use Mammoth for replication.

We hope to maintain a good relationship with the PostgreSQL community,
and want you to know we appreciate all of your hard work.  Our last
venture (also very, very successful), and this venture would not be
possible without this community of developers.

Regards,
Jeffrey Webster
CTO, ZooLoo.com
jeff.webster@zooloo.com