Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jd@commandprompt.com (Joshua Drake)
Subject Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> Yes and no. I will probably draw flames for this but I have successfully
> upgraded MySQL databases between versions (and platforms) without any

Yes but again your comparing Microsoft Access err MySQL to PostgreSQL.
MySQL is not PostgreSQL, literally. It can't do what PostgreSQL does.
I could be incorrect but I don't believe you can just upgrade from say
Oracle 8 to version 9.

Now if I am wrong in that, then we have a problem and it is definately
something that should be addressed.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

P.S. My point is, I don't consider MySQL competition. I consider
Oracle competition.