Re: [DOCS] Russian PostgreSQL community site - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: [DOCS] Russian PostgreSQL community site
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Victor Vislobokov <corochoone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, conversations about Russian PostgreSQL community site
> were starting long time ago (before Nikolay, some years ago).
> But, I don't see something besides discussions. :(  (I'm sorry for such words)
> May be, I don't know about some sites, but I not found some Russian
> site about PostgreSQL at least with similar functionality as our site.
> I would not come here asking if out site is not ALREADY exists.
> I would not come here asking if some Russian site was already
> presented at http://www.postgresql.org/community/international
> I hold in high respect Nikolay, but at this moment, I don't see his
> results in this direction.

Victor,

if one cannot find any "community site", this does not mean that
community does not exist or not working.

Starting from 2007, here in Russia the solid group of PostgreSQL
experts (including all well-known Russian PostgreSQL developers) and
users was organized and started to act. Most of them live in Moscow,
but we have people from Krasnodar, St. Peterburg, Novosibirsk, Paris,
etc. The group is growing and does more and more activity such as
PostgreSQL-related talks at Russian and international conferences and
corresponging meetings at these conferences, community meetings,
online meetings, etc. Currently, you can find some information here:
http://postgresmen.ru (alternatively, you can try to search on such
sites as opennet.ru, linux.org.ru, etc). The community site is under
construction still, and surely this is an issue, but it doesn't stop
people from different organizations to work on promoting PostgreSQL in
Russia, to communicate and to work together.

I suggest you to cooperate, let's discuss how to organize our efforts
in Russian mailing list or privately.

P.S. Please do not use -docs list for discussing advocacy issues,
there is a special -advocacy list.

--
Best regards,
Nikolay Samokvalov