Re: BigSQL pgc alternative - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: BigSQL pgc alternative
Date
List pgsql-general
Samuel Teixeira Santos schrieb am 20.12.2019 um 16:15:
> BigSQL still allow to install Postgres and others resources as like a
> portable install.
>
> But today, it's only offer your tool (pgc) for newer Postgresql
> versions.
>
> I would like to install as portable option because it's more easy to
> config and use in my own user in my development station.
>
> What you recommend to do to replace pgc tool as alternative to
> install  postgresql 10 and the respective postgis version as like
> portable option?

On Windows, I use the ZIP archives provided by Enterprise DB to spin up Postgres without an installer:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries

Unfortunately they stopped providing them for Linux (for which I used pgc in the past), 10.x is the last version for
whichthey provide this.