Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On February 12, 2014 10:35:06 PM CET, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On February 12, 2014 10:23:21 PM CET, Peter Eisentraut
><peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> There are cases where one module needs symbols from another
>directly.
>>> Would that be affected by this?
>
>> I don't think we have real infrastructure for that yet. Neither from
>the POV of loading several .so's, nor from a symbol visibility. Afaics
>we'd need a working definition of PGDLLIMPORT which inverts the
>declspecs. I think Tom just removed the remnants of that.
>
>No, I've not touched the PGDLLIMPORT macros.  I was hoping to, but it
>looks like we're not getting there :-(

Right, that was just the test patch... Then the macros we're using in fmgr.h for the magic macros (even if not strictly
needed)should work for Peter's case.

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.