Re: deallocating prepared statements - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: deallocating prepared statements
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
    Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:

> >The prepared statement's name is not a literal, and in general
> >parameterized queries don't accept parameters beyond literals. So
you
> >need to insert the name directly into the SQL command text.
> >

> Well, that sucks.  Now I need to worry about quoting and escaping. :(
> Is there a limit of what characters can be used in statement names?
> Neither the docs for PQprepare(), nor the docs for the prepare
statement
> say anything about that.

I think the statement's name is an "identifier", just like a table or
column name.
So it has to follow the rules defined for identifiers in the "SQL
syntax" chapter.

Best regards,
-- DanielPostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage:
http://www.manitou-mail.org