"yum update" breaking postgis 2.0 installations? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject "yum update" breaking postgis 2.0 installations?
Date
Re: "yum update" breaking postgis 2.0 installations?  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-pkg-yum
 Hi there,

   I had a PostGIS 2.0 package running on CentOS 64 (64 bit). Today I
 typed:

 yum update

   The update involved the "postgis2_92" package as well.

   At the end of the process, the existing databases using PostGIS 2.0
 started to break and generate errors, complaining that the
 $libdir/postgis-2.0.so file was missing.

   I inspected and noticed that this update forces to move users from
 2.0 to 2.1, even though full compatibility seems not to be guaranteed
 between these two versions (see
 http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/release_notes.html#id707272).

   For the moment I have copied the .so file from the production server,
 and it seems ok. Unfortunately I won't be able to file a detailed report
 until tomorrow morning, as I am busy for the rest of the afternoon.
 Could you please investigate/confirm/reply in the meanwhile?

   Thank you.

 Cheers,
 Gabriele
--