Re: BUG #17760: SCRAM authentication fails with "modern" (rsassaPss signature) server certificate - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: BUG #17760: SCRAM authentication fails with "modern" (rsassaPss signature) server certificate
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Am 25.01.23 um 12:32 schrieb PG Bug reporting form:

> I have to say that I'm not all too deep into crypto stuff. I couldn't even
> tell how to create one such certificate, let alone what that PSS stuff is
> all about ;-/
>
> Maybe this is even fixed with recent OpenSSL versions (client has 1.1.1f,
> Ubuntu 20.04)? Though that line was introduced in 2010...
>
> I do think however that this is an oversight on our side and has to be
> addressed. If not in code, the docs should point out that certain server
> certificate types (PSS) may not work with SCRAM auth (or libpq needs to be
> compiled against a minimum version of OpenSSL, if that's the root cause).

Nobody willing to enlighten me on this one? :(

--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth

Eimermacherweg 106
D-48159 Münster

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
"Ceterum censeo SystemD esse delendam" - Cato

Attachment