Re: dbeaver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From negora
Subject Re: dbeaver
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/04/2020 18:17, Roberto Della Pasqua wrote:
> Hello, please some questions about a newbie Postgresql user:
>
> - what is the best method to keep the data replicated (for backup purposes):
> Can be possible to deploy a master/slave with realtime data replication and adding a storage where do a journaled
backupof the database, eg. a backup incremental or GTF schema files? Which commands works better at low level for
backgroundbackup/restore?

No idea.
> - does dbeaver is a good frontend for pg administration?

That's the client that I use most often, and I love it. It has lots of
useful features, such as good query completion, row coloring, virtual
columns, virtual foreign keys, export to multiple formats, etc. Years
ago I missed some features from pgAdmin III, but nowadays its support
for PostgreSQL is excellent. And you can use the same GUI for multiple
database engines, which is great.

Obviously, there are tasks that you should do (or only can do) with pure
SQL. But DBeaver saves you a lot of time for the most common tasks.