Re: PostgreSQL crashing - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashing
Date
List pgsql-admin
<barai@cs.ucr.edu> wrote

> PostgreSQL runs for a while but always eventually (30min - 2hrs) crashes.
> I thought it was memory initially but Memtest had no errors after running
> for a day.  I don't think it is a hardware issues because I can run other
> applications without error.  I have ran both version 8.0.3 and 8.1.1 with
> the same error.

It looks like a kernel bug or maybe a hardware problem to me. Other
aplications doesn't crash maybe because they don't exercise this chunk of
code that intensively. What's the elog information on postgres side?

Regards,
Qingqing