Re: Strugging with NEW and OLD records. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From codeWarrior
Subject Re: Strugging with NEW and OLD records.
Date
List pgsql-general
On top of that... "name" is a postgreSQL internal data type --
essentially -- you need to treat it as if it is an SQL "reserved word"....
Therefore::I strongly recommend that you name your table something other
than "name"... for the same reasons you wouldn't name a table "select" (the
example being try and  "select * from select").

As a general rule, you should not use SQL RESERVED words, RDBMS internals,
or DATA TYPE names as table or column identifiers....

HTH...

Greg...