Re: A newbie-oriented jdbc FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Rene Pijlman
Subject Re: A newbie-oriented jdbc FAQ
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:27:19 -0500, you wrote:
>I've organized the answers to some of these questions into a FAQ and
>"jdbc installation for newcomers" page. If anyone has a free moment
>to take a look at it, I'd appreciate feedback.
>http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc/

Looks good, thanks! I think this deserves to be (prominently
linked) on jdbc.postgresql.org.

>Before you can start with JDBC you'll need to have PostgreSQL and Java
>already installed.

This could use a link to
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?admin.html (or some
other location of the installation instructions).

A link to the "first cup of java" tutorials on java.sun.com may
also be useful.

>it is best to turn on the IP socket by adding the following
>line to /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf

The location of this file depends on the configuration. See
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?runtime-config.html

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>