Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES
Date
Re: Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I'm trying to change the server messages back to english (initdb created
'German_Germany.1251' because I'm running a German Windows) by setting
the lc_messages property to 'C'. But the messages from e.g. pgsql or
pg_ctl still show up in German. I reloaded the config and I restarted
the PG service but to no avail. I also tried 'English' and 'POSIX' but
none of them changed the messages language.

I have now simply removed the locale subdirectory in $PGHOME/share and
that worked, but this doesn't feel right :)

What am I missing here?

Best regards
Thomas