Re: Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Help with plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general

https://www.enterprisedb.com/edb-docs/d/edb-postgres-advanced-server/user-guides/language-pack-guide/12/EDB_Postgres_Language_Pack_Guide.1.08.html#

> Yes. When I did that I could execute python functions and create the
> extension in postgres without problem, but later I realized that doing
> this will create the other problem with anaconda.
>
> So when you did the Anaconda install:
>
> https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/windows/
>
> What did you check for the Advanced options in Step 8?
>
> I left the first one unchecked and the second one checked, which is the
> default settings.

Alright. Before we go any further it would be best to determine what
your needs are. So:

1) Did you install Anaconda just to get Python or for the science data
set of libraries it provides?

2) Do you need the system Python you installed for anything that
Anaconda does not provide?

3) What are you planning to do with plpython3u?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com