About Page Draft - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Owens
Subject About Page Draft
Date
Re: About Page Draft  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-www
Hey all,

A couple of weeks ago I started putting together some general text for
the About Page. No one asked me to do it, and it's not perfect, and
certainly you don't have to use it, but it interested me and I just
thought I would try to do what I could to help out.

I dug through various stuff in the docs and on the net, and lifted out
everything I could. I think most of the historical stuff is accurate
although I've seen different takes on what exactly went into Informix
(thought some references mentioned Ingres rather than Postgres).

Anyway, if this is helpful, I'll keep working on it and try to get it
more presentable. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Also, I want to thank you guys and everyone involved for creating such
a terrific project. I've used a lot of databases, and PostgreSQL is by
far the all around best.

The draft is at http://www.gintana.com/pgsql/.

-- Mike