Performance MSSql vs PostgreSql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ricardo Stuven
Subject Performance MSSql vs PostgreSql
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Please, see http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=179064

This is one of the few performance comparisons between PostgreSQL and
MS SQL I have seen, and at first sight it seems too unfavorable to
PgSQL...  Maybe there is a bottleneck in the ODBC driver, Foxpro,
VMWare or Windows, really I don't know, I'm not an expert, but I would
not lightly believe in such results, especially for such queries that
are so simple. However, a casual reader or someone wanting to choose
between PostgreSQL and MS SQL could base his/her decision on that
results.

You may want to give the author (and readers, of course) some comments
to explain the results or to improve the benchmarks.

Regards.