Re: Vacuumdb Fails: Huge Tuple - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Vacuumdb Fails: Huge Tuple
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM, APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM, APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I failed to mention:
>>>
>>> PostgreSQL 8.4.0 on i386-portbld-freebsd7.2, compiled by GCC cc (GCC)
>>> 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD], 32-bit
>>
>> Have you tried updating to 8.4.1 to see if that fixes the problem?
>>

> I have not. The FreeBSD port for postgres has not yet been updated to
> 8.4.1, so I'm unable to upgrade (I'd strongly prefer to use the ports
> system rather than manually compiling).
>
> As soon as the port is updated, I'm going to upgrade.

Wow, that's pretty slow.  I'd assumed it was a semi-automated process
and the new version would be out now, 3 weeks later.  At least look
through the release notes to see if any mention is made of this bug
being fixed in 8.4.1 I guess.