Re: Restore Crashes Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Restore Crashes Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Christine Penner
<christine@ingenioussoftware.com> wrote:
> Scott:
>>
>> I'm really starting to wonder about your hardware and / or OS.  Are
>> you running any anti-virus software (if so turn it off and / or
>> uninstall it)?  Have you tested your machine with something like
>> memtest86+?
>
> All computers are running NOD32 for anti-virus. All are updated and running.
> I haven't run Memtest86 on any of them. This has happened on 5 different
> computers including my personal laptop which is never connected to the
> network at the office.

Can you uninstall NOD32 and test again?  Antivirus software is
notoriously intrusive and can have bad interactions with pgsql.  If
things run properly with it uninstalled, then it's time to investigate
how to either get NOD32 to get along with pgsql or find a replacement.