Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: XX001: could not read block 2354 of relation… - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: XX001: could not read block 2354 of relation…
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Patrick Desjardins
<mrdesjardins@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the error ERROR: XX001: could not read block 2354 of relation
> 1663/17633/17925: read only 0 of 8192 bytes, but only sometime, when trying
> to Insert data into a table. I would say that 99% of Insert works and 100%
> of read works. This is only happenning since few weeks. I have done Vaccum
> Analyze without any success (the vaccum take 65 minutes but nothing is
> fixed, still have the ERROR XXX001). I have this error in the backend
> application and when I do some Insert Query in the PgAdmin tool.

What OS, pg version etc are you running?

If windows, are you running any anti-virus software?  A lot of
anti-virus packages are dumb as a brick and lock files when checking
them and cause these problems.  If so, either exclude the pg
directories from virus checking or turn it off altogether.

Just a guess.  Not enough info to really know.