Re: Space for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Space for pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:57 AM, SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH
<sharmi_jo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
dumped).So Im trying to find a space estimate ....
> Do you have a rough estimate of pg_dump in general... like 1/4 th of the database size or something like that...I
justneed a rough estimate for now

It's hard to say.  Why can't you RUN the example command on each db
and see for yourself?  It doesn't create a backup, per se, it just
creates one and hands it to wc to see how big it is.