Re: deployment query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: deployment query
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Nagalingam, Karthikeyan
<KARTHIKEYAN.Nagalingam@netapp.com> wrote:
> Thanks Stefan for all your answers. My last question is "What is the
> Mostly used Disaster Recovery Solution for Postgresql in storage
> environment."

We use two methods of backup to keep the database afloat amid things
going horribly wrong.  We have 1 or more slony backup dbs that allow
for failover and load balancing.  We have offsite pg_dump backups
which are transferred via ssh to an offsite server in case of
catastrophic failure in the data center (like a huge power surge) that
kills both servers.

We routinely restore backup sets or parts of them for various testing scenarios.