Re: User table porting - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: User table porting
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Jan-Peter Seifert
<Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de> wrote:

> Isn't it generally better to use the newer binaries from the target
> server especially with psql?

Generally this is true.

> I remember getting quite a few errors when restoring a pg_dumpall from
> an 8.1 server, because the create user syntax in the dump file was obsolete.
> You might need some more options for piping (-U etc.):

But we're not really doing a pg_dumpall of everything, just he global
objects.  Not sure if there's any issues with a later version versus a
newer version there.  Probably best to use the newer pg_dumpall /
pg_dump than the older one though.