Re: 8.3.3 stability ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: 8.3.3 stability ?
Date
Re: 8.3.3 stability ?  (Ben <bench@silentmedia.com>)
Re: 8.3.3 stability ?  ("Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Gauthier, Dave
<dave.gauthier@intel.com> wrote:
> Time for an upgrade.  How stable is 8.3.3 ?
>
> In a nutshell, what does it buy me over 8.2?

8.3.3 is as stable as 8.2 in my opinion (been running it in production
for a couple months now and there has been no issues with stability
whatsoever).

8.3 has much better performance for certain types of workloads,
especially with HOT updates, and the more efficient bg writer and
vacuuming seems many times faster than it was before.

If I was deploying to production today, I'd use 8.3.3 no questions.