Re: need some help on figuring out how to write a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: need some help on figuring out how to write a query
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)

>  Mail to my list address MUST be sent via the mailing list.
>  All other mail to my list address will bounce.

Totally uncool.  There's settings in the mail server software that
will change your outgoing messages to not be from you but from the
list, so that reply and reply all both go to pgsql-xxx@postgres.org
and not you.

Not that I'll see the bounce messages.  Most go in the spam bin.  But
still it creates load on everyone else when there's a setting to fix
it.  Since I like to receive both direct and from the list, and my
client knows that they're the same message so it doesn't show it
twice, I use the default settings and don't know how to change the
mailing list manager stuff.  But it's been posted here dozens of
times.