Re: [Admin]Update 8.2.to 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: [Admin]Update 8.2.to 8.3
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:35 AM, ALF <alfredlanger@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hallo Scott,
>
> after deinstalling the version 8.2 with fedora I got with the same command
> in /home/alf/pg83/bin the right version 8.3.
>
> I decided, I will import my Data with Navicat.

They make a nice piece of software.  I've used it in the past.

> For the next upgrade I know there will be a lot of work for
> for me.

But remember that updates are cheap.  i.e. 8.3.0 to 8.3.1 is just a
new package, no need to dump and reload.  only when 8.4 comes out do
you need to worry about that.

> Thanks for your efforts, I have learned so much about fedora
> without rpm.

Yeah, my last workstation as a FC2 box and it was so dorked out by all
the source code stuff i'd built on it that it was starting to have
some issues.  :)

Hope to see you again on the lists soon!