Re: Argentinian timezone change at the last moment. How to change pgsql tz db? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Argentinian timezone change at the last moment. How to change pgsql tz db?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Wow!  I just looked this up on the web, and all I can say is, this was
a really stupid idea on the part of the govt in Argentina.     It
takes more than a couple days to create new timezone files and deploy
them normally.

I've been reading up on zic and wondering if it's a reasonable thing
to try and update the pg tz db to include the new argentinian DST
change.  Where is the tz info stored in postgres?  In the catalog?
I'd be willing to take a whack at making a new tz file for argentina
if I knew where it was and how to change it.

(scuttles off to look at the 8.2.5 source)