Re: idle in transaction...unexpected EOF on client connection - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: idle in transaction...unexpected EOF on client connection
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Nov 9, 2007 4:29 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Campbell, Lance wrote:
> > I notice this in my log file as well.  I do not have a fire wall that
> > would impact this.
>
> It could be a monitoring tool that's opening the socket to check whether
> Postgres is listening.  If it connects then closes the socket without
> actually talking the PG protocol, this is exactly what you would see.

That might explain Lance's problem but not Tena's, since his (hers?)
are idle in transaction, which means the connection at least did a
begin; after connecting.

Also possible for Lance's is an application that isn't properly
closing its connections.