Re: postgres bash prompt error while user creation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: postgres bash prompt error while user creation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/25/07, Pingale.amol@gmail.com <Pingale.amol@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello group
>   i want to create a shell script  in that i want to create postgresql
> user and database.both this task are created properly and executed
> properly but after user and DB creation i am there on ( -bash-3.00$  )
> and i wanna come back to [root@localhost:localdomain ~]#  and my
> script is
> #!/bin/bash
> su -l postgres;
> psql -U postgres -c "CREATE USER admin27 WITH PASSWORD 'admin27'
> CREATEDB;" template1
> psql -U admin27 -c "CREATE DATABASE emcc27;" template1 \q exit;
> plzz help me to back to root from postgres bash prompt

first off, stop doing things as root that you don't need to be root to
do.  It's dangerous and a bad habit to get into.

Next, how are you calling your bash script?  Normally if it's set to
executable and you just call it by name i.e. ./myscript it should exit
the bash terminal when done.