Re: Am I overseen ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Am I overseen ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/18/07, Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de> wrote:
> On 18 Okt., 17:17, br...@zijn-digital.com (brian) wrote:
> > Lothar Behrens wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > Several groups I post most of them does not answer.
> > > Did noone see my postings ?
> >
> > > Please at least give me one answer :-)
> >
> > > Thanks, Lothar
> >
> > ping
> >
> > What was your query?
> >

> I do convert an UML XMI model to a database script to create the
> database schema.
> To enable multiple iterations I need conditional alter table add
> column like syntax.
>
> For sample:
>
> if not exsist column a in table b then
>   alter table b add a char(100);
>
> Is there any way to do this ?

What kind of tools are you familiar with?  I'm guessing you could
write something in perl or php to do it.  Or do you want to do it in
sql?  I'm sure you could do it in plpgsql or some other pl/language,
if you want it all in the db.

But I'm not that familiar with UML as to say what's the best approach.

Normally when you get thundering silence, you've asked a question no
one feels real qualified to answer, and rather than answer it halfway,
they just leave it for the next guy to get.