Re: Should I install PostgreSQL 8.2.5? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Should I install PostgreSQL 8.2.5?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/6/07, Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:
> My customer has just bought a new server with RedHat Enterpris Server 5 64 bit and on that box PostgreSQL 8.1.9 is
> installed (I guess that's the version RH supports). I see on your website, that you have 8.2.5 rpm for RHEL 5
> ready. Should I stick with the preinstalled version or should I upgrade to your rpm's?

8.1.x is quite capable.  There are a few things in 8.2.x that led me
to upgrade, like the returning functionality.  If you're just starting
development of a project, going to 8.2.5 makes sense as it will be one
less future upgrade you'll need to do.  It's definitely stable enough
to use in production.