Re: FW: max_connections and shared_buffers - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: FW: max_connections and shared_buffers
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 9/3/07, Anoo Sivadasan Pillai <aspillai@in.rm.com> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> We will be putting connection pooling, But as of now we have to find
> some cure before implementing pooling.
>
> Memory          - 2GB
> Postgres                - PostgreSQL 8.2.4
> OS                      - Windows 2003 server installation: ( Service
> Pack 2 )
>
> I am not sure how to get the number of connections while this happens.
> How this can be taken?

Not sure with Windows.  I'm strictly a unix type of guy.  I'm guessing
that Windows is detecting too many connections / out of memory and
shutting down the service.

Is there anything in the system logs that might give you a hint of why
pgsql is being shut down by the OS?