Re: Performance problems with large telemetric datasets on 7.4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Performance problems with large telemetric datasets on 7.4.2
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 8/6/07, Sven Clement <sven@dsign.lu> wrote:
> Ok thanks everybody for the calrification, after all now I allready learned
> something new... ;)
>
> My employer is currently thinking about migration to 8.2.x because of your
> feedback, so I think that the problem could be resolved... ;)

Note that whether the 8.2 migration is forthcoming, you should
definitely update to the latest patch version of 7.4.  The update is
pretty much painless, although I remember there being a change around
7.4.13 that might have changed db behaviour for security reasons.
Release notes here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-7-4-13.html

Note that there are settings to work around the change in behaviour
should it create a problem.