Re: Parameter name standby_mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: Parameter name standby_mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, even if primary_conninfo is not given, the standby tries to invoke
> walreceiver by using the another connection settings (environment variables
> or defaults). This is intentional behavior, and would make the setup of SR
> easier. So I'd like to leave it be.

On the other hand, if it has to use defaults for the target host/port,
chances are high that either it connects to the wrong host/port or
that SR is just not wanted :-)

Whoever sets up SR will also take the effort to configure
primary_conninfo and will have a different primary than the default -
which I think is just the standby itself, no?

Joachim