Re: [HACKERS] Bug in pg_dump --table and --exclude-table fordeclarative partition table handling. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Bug in pg_dump --table and --exclude-table fordeclarative partition table handling.
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] Bug in pg_dump --table and --exclude-table fordeclarative partition table handling.  (Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/05/09 17:21, Jeevan Ladhe wrote:
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:43 PM, amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Current pg_dump --exclude-table option excludes partitioned relation
>> and dumps all its child relations and vice versa for --table option, which
>> I think is incorrect.
>>
>> In this case we might need to explore all partitions and exclude or include
>> from dump according to given pg_dump option, attaching WIP patch proposing
>> same fix.   Thoughts/Comments?
>
> Also, I can see similar issue exists with inheritance.
> In attached patch, I have extended Amul's original patch to address the
> inheritance dumping issue.

Perhaps, it will be better not to touch the regular inheritance tables in
this patch.

Thanks,
Amit