Re: Seeking practice recommendation: is there ever a use case to have two or more superusers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Seeking practice recommendation: is there ever a use case to have two or more superusers?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/21/22 11:46, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:

>>> Nobody supports it!
>>
>> I went back through the thread and don't anywhere when you made the
>> above statement, correct me if I am wrong. In that case there was
>> nothing to support or not support until now. What people where
>> responding to the title of the thread:
>>
>>> "Seeking practice recommendation: is there ever a use case to have
>>> two or more superusers?"
>>
>> That is a different ask.
>
> I didn't mean to say that I'd already written the sentence that starts
> "It is good practice to limit the number of superuser roles that exist
> in a cluster...". Sorry if I gave that impression. It was just a
> strawman version of what I practice recommendation might look like that
> used the same general wording style as the one about "a role that has
> the CREATEDB and CREATEROLE".

Still, why the "Nobody supports it!" statement for a recommendation that
only appeared at the same time? I for one have a poor record of mind
reading and/or predicting the future:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com