Re: How useful is the money datatype? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: How useful is the money datatype?
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/10/3 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>:
> depending on the countries, etc - keep currencies in 10.4 , or you can
> compromise to 10.3 , otherwise you might run into problems with rounding,
> etc.

I myself don't find it useful to store currency values that include
fractions of a cent. I'm sure that there are legitimate reasons for
requiring greater precision, but none of those reasons happen to apply
to me. I dare say that they don't apply to most people who want to
store monetary values in a database.

Regards,
Peter Geoghegan